Re: Blackstone C-19 pulling power?

Mike Chamberlain

Hi Ric ! Would it be possible to do a short how to on adding the cab roof weight ? I assume some sheet led would work , but I haven't tried that yet . I use mine on a 4% grade and have to double head to pull any reasonable size train .....Thanks ! .....Mike

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 11:31 PM Ric Case <ebtmodeler@...> wrote:
Nate I can’t really answer your question as I have not enough information. The pulling ratio is directly effected by the type and weight of the cars! I have ten of them with added weight on the cab roofs! All of mine will pull ten BS cars up the 2% grade, I have pulled as many as 15 on a flat.
Stock would not pull that great!
I have modified fifteen to look more like the EBT #7.
Still not perfect but looks good to me!
Keep up the railroading!
Ric Case
EBT Modeler
Hamilton Ohio
513-375-7694

On Jan 17, 2019, at 2:38 AM, NarrowMinded1 <nathan.kline83@...> wrote:

How many cars can a Blackstone C-19 pull on level and up a 2% grade? Thanks.
--
Nathan M. Kline
McConnellsburg, PA 17233