From: Bill Nielsen <wrangler@...>
To: HOn3@groups.io
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Low Cost HOn3?

The Bachmann HO GE 70 ton switcher would be an ideal starting point for a low cost HOn3 loco. The only new tooling needed would be for new 3’ gauge trucks (Bachmann has already tooled up at least two different versions of these trucks for their standard HO gauge model). According to the web, the prototype loco was offered in meter gauge and 5’3”  wide gauge, as well as American standard gauge. The most logical approach would be for Blackstone to arrange with Bachmann to build a narrow gauge version of the 70 tonner which they could then market to all those HOn3 modelers who are patiently waiting in line for a good running, DCC equipped, affordable locomotive. Adding DCC keep alive circuitry would make it irresistible.

Bill in FtL