Re: Low Cost HOn3?

Paul Sturtz

I tried one of those HO conversions and was disappointed. They are just too big to look right on an HOn3 layout and tower over the narrow gauge cars.  I resold mine.  Too bad NWSL gave up producing the kit for converting the Bachmann 70t diesel because they were very close in dimension to SP#1, had DCC, constant intensity lighting and much finer detail than any Athearn diesel and could be done for $50-$60 easy.  I know, I did enough of them and found a ready market.  I'll never understand why no manufacturer has produced an inexpensive NG model.  I know, I know, for some of you that's heresy but if it allowed new comers to enter HOn3, it would be worth it..  My $.02.