Re: C&C/SP Owenyo, CA transfer trestle?

Doc

Cris asked about warping   The ore transfer I printed was made of ABS.  It is styrene and is very stable in normal conditions.  No warping after printing.  The most common plastic used in 3D printing is PLA and it cannot stand temperatures over 100 degrees F without deforming.  Mike intimated that anything 3D printed will look like it is made out of plastic.  The ore transfer I built (pictures in this thread) has been on the railroad for more than a year and everyone who sees it thinks it is made of wood.  t is a matter of painting it properly.  I will admit that extremely weathered, decrepit, buildings are hard to create in plastic.  So the John Allen look is best done in wood, with each piece of wood stained before assembly.

doc