Re: Shapeways resins

Climax@...

I thought those flat cars were prestressed like flat bed trucks are.  After you put a load on it, it goes flat.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Robert Bell via Groups.Io"
Sent: Nov 19, 2018 8:07 PM
To: "HOn3@groups.io"
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Shapeways resins

John, I had the same issue with the 3d printed depressed flatcar.  Shapways sent me a 2nd one for free, this one wasn't warped nearly as bad.  So, I soaked the 1st one in approx 140 degree water for a minute or two, (the hot water heater in my shop is turned up high but I'm not sure exact temp).  I removed and set it on the counter with weight and let cool.  It worked fairly well.  Nice thing is you can try a second and third time if needed.  I may redo again and put .020" or .030" strips under each end of the depressed section to over-stress as it didn't stay perfectly straight.

Rob Bell