Re: Bending ME Turnouts

Margie & Larry Galkowski

I have been following along and this is an interesting topic. If I can do it anybody can. Fingers on right hand amputated by work accident, Have thumb & 1/3 of the little pinky.
Built this one no jigs. A little work & determination.
Larry G

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 7:57 PM Chris Kodani via Groups.Io <ckodani=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
From what I’ve read, in the beginnings of HO scale, there weren’t any premade switches at all, but there was flex track. All the switches had to be laid by hand at first, and later frogs became available as components. I know that the jigs that are now available from Fast Tracks must be of great help, but certainly folks must have been able to build switches without them.

Bob, this is a great thread you started! Whatever you decide to do, please keep us updated—like a great novel , I’ve just got to see how it turns out! Chris Kodani