From: Alan Kilby
Sent: Nov 15, 2018 9:29 PM
To: "hon3@groups.io"
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Bending ME Turnouts

Theres a very good tutorial for building turnouts on railwayeng.com
This tutorial shows how to build frogs for any #/ratio you need frogs.Also forming points and stock rails/entire turnout
Alan

From: "Chris Kodani via Groups.Io" <ckodani@...>
Date: 11/15/18 8:57 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: HOn3@groups.io

From what I’ve read, in the beginnings of HO scale, there weren’t any premade switches at all, but there was flex track. All the switches had to be laid by hand at first, and later frogs became available as components. I know that the jigs that are now available from Fast Tracks must be of great help, but certainly folks must have been able to build switches without them.

Bob, this is a great thread you started! Whatever you decide to do, please keep us updated—like a great novel , I’ve just got to see how it turns out! Chris Kodani