From: Alan Kilby <alankilby@...>
Date: 11/15/18 7:14 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: hon3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HOn3] Code 70 to 55 Transitions

Micro engineering sell transition rail joiners.I have code 100,83, and 70 on my layout and use them.
Alan

From: "Robert Bell via Groups.Io" <ionhoss@...>
Date: 11/15/18 5:21 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: HOn3@groups.io

I've been doing some code 70 to code 55 transitions also.  I take a short length of code 70 rail, slip a code 70 rail joiner 1/2 way on and flatten the other half with a pair of flat jaw pliers.  Remove the joiner and install on track on layout.  Then simply solder the code 55 rail on top of the flattened joiner, and smooth the railheads as needed.  Of course you do have to make sure the rails are properly alligned.  Actually, this goes really quick.

Rob Bell
Waynesville, NC

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Dusty
<dustburm@q.com> wrote:
Yesterdays project. Remove 1/8" 70 web and head with jewelers saw and rail cutters. File 70 base to solder 55 on top of 70 base at correct height (Mark II Eyeball Methode). A bit of filing with #4 and finish with 400 sanding block.

Dusty Burman