Re: Bending ME Turnouts

Jim Marlett

I’m in the build it yourself camp. It really isn’t that hard to scratch build a turnout. Whether you do it with PC board ties or the old fashioned way, the same principles apply. There is a lot of info out there on building your own. With a little care and an NMRA gauge for your scale and gauge, you really can do this.

Jim Marlett
http://flatheaddrag.com/
http://jimmarlett.zenfolio.com/

On Nov 12, 2018, at 1:40 AM, Jim Betz <jimbetz@jimbetz.com> wrote:

Hi,
As I understand it - the O.P. only needs to have -1- curved HOn3 turnout. My
advice it to just buy it! We've already spent more time on "whether or not you
can take a straight turnout and make it curved" than it would take to scratch
build it ... just because it might be possible ... it doesn't make sense (at least
not to me).
- Jim B.