Re: 3D Printer File for 20" Curve Aid

Jim Marlett

I have Fast Tracks sweeps. I like the fact that two or more can be put together to make long sweeps. I have made two 18” long sweeps by glueing two sweeps together and if I need something really long, can put the two glued sections together for 36” sweeps. I should note that I hand lay my track the old fashioned way with spikes instead of solder. The sweeps are much more helpful than a center line, although I have used both. I have a couple of pieces of flex track that I use as a tie laying guide by running a Sharpie along the edges of the flex track ties and the sweeps are great for laying out curves on my flex track guides. One section of track on my previous layout was done only using center lines and I had a brass K37 that didn’t really care for a curve on that section when it was close-coupled to the tender. After tearing the layout apart for a move, my recently acquired long sweeps showed that I had gone under my 24” minimum radius in a short spot on that curve even though it averaged out at 24". That section is coming out as I rebuild my layout in its new home.