Old Pharts Duck Under

Mark Kasprowicz

I posted a few questions about duck unders on the old group before Christmas. With the advice ringing in my ears I've completed this vertical lifting section using four 28" desk runners. It has counter-weights so it can be stopped at any point between top and bottom, the electrical feed will simply be via hard wiring and I have still to add the 'over the edge' protection which, because I run many locomotives with 'stay alives', cannot simply be a power cut off. But it works and is easy to lift and lower and, best of all, no more scalping. Mark K (BTW to those who have observed that my carpentry is not 5 star I will reply that if I can make it, so can anyone!)