Re: #18

lloyd lehrer

Mr. Cohen is right. They were 70 tonners.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 9:20 PM lloyd lehrer <lloydlehrer@...> wrote:
Jim, several years ago, maybe 6-8 yrs, there was a spread done by one of the northwest logging fans. He took a SG 44 and ground down the gears and axles and wrote it up. It was one of the Hauff brothers I believe. I am out of the country for the next few weeks so i cant look thru my archives.

lloyd lehrer, (310)951-9097

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 5:40 PM Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:
Paul/anyone,
  What did you do to convert a standard gauge 44 tonner to narrow gauge -
specifically what did you use for the drive components?

  I'm seriously thinking about two different GE critter projects.
  The first is C&TS #19 which is a GE 45 tonner drop cab.
  The second one is the Pacific Lumber standard gauge #101
which is a Super 88 which, to the best of my knowledge, has
never been done in any scale other than S (scratch/kitbash
by one guy).  I intend to start with two 70-tonners.
                                                                                      - Jim B.

--
lloyd lehrer