Re: #18

waynecohen49@...

Jim,

Many years ago, there was an article in RMC about converting a Bachman 70 Tonner to Narrow Gauge, and NWSL made a limited run of  half-shaft, Narrow Gauge wheels for such a project.  They probably can still be found.

The 44 Tonner can be done the same way.  I’ve got most of the work done converting one, but then the project lost momentum.  It’s to be a standing for #19 (could be the same for #15).  I’ll show it to you next time I see you.

Wayne

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:
Paul/anyone,
  What did you do to convert a standard gauge 44 tonner to narrow gauge -
specifically what did you use for the drive components?

  I'm seriously thinking about two different GE critter projects.
  The first is C&TS #19 which is a GE 45 tonner drop cab.
  The second one is the Pacific Lumber standard gauge #101
which is a Super 88 which, to the best of my knowledge, has
never been done in any scale other than S (scratch/kitbash
by one guy).  I intend to start with two 70-tonners.
                                                                                      - Jim B.

--
Wayne Cohen