Re: K-36 #487 in HOn3

Jim Spencer

Probably the most accurate and best model done to date is the Overland 487 done in the late 1980s.   They did 486, 487, and 488.

They would be vastly cheaper than the upcoming DPs, more than $1,000 less.
Jim
On Sep 11, 2018, at 9:31 AM, Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Hi all,
  Just joined the group today.  I'm interested in acquiring the subject model.
Preferably painted with DCC and sound - but will consider any model that
correctly represents #487 (or very close to it).
  I've been searching the web for possible copies and haven't found any
(at this time).  I've been told that the Westsides are the best in terms of
both running and detail (other than the Division Points).
  Yes, I know about the DPs - but their website is pretty light on details
such as whether or not they come with sound, what decoder, etc.
And it appears that they are $2300 (correct?).  Not sure I'll pop for
that much because I don't expect to get much use out of it ... and,
yes, I will run it!
                                                                                            - Jim B.

James G. Spencer, Architect, AIA