Very, very nice!

Towne Comee
San Antonio, Texas

On Monday, September 10, 2018 8:19 AM, Mike Van Hove <vanhovem22@...> wrote:

Very nice work.

I bet installing those belts gave you a fit.

Maybe a good excuse to toss down a cold beer, when they were in place?

Thanks for sharing.

Mike Van Hove

On Sep 10, 2018, at 7:47 AM, Jeff Young <jeff@...> wrote:

The real Almgren Bros. sawmill was several miles up Jefferson Creek and the only surviving photos (that I'm aware of) show the brothers on a log cart somewhere between the sawmill and Jefferson.  So aside from the name, this is pretty much freelanced (and will go in the town itself as I don't have room elsewhere).

The structure is scratch-built, as are the windows and door.  The brick under the boiler is carved balsafoam.  The machinery is from a KMP sawmill kit; the leather belts are stained paper.

Cheers,
Jeff.