Re: KR Models HO Shay EOI for HOn3

Russ Norris

Any projection on cost of the KR Shay?

Russ

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022, 5:05 PM ColoRyan <rhickman213@...> wrote:
KR Models is expecting delivery this Fall 2022 of it's HO Class-B two-truck 50 ton Shay. It will come with a coal load that can be easily swapped in, optional ESU LokSound V5 sound decoder, cast chassis, working external valve gear and metal drive shafts (so as to to repeat other manufacturer's reliability issues he tells me), and working directional lamps front and rear.

https://www.krmodels.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=68

I talked with the owner of KR Models today about the possibility of producing an HOn3 version. He said they identified a few issues just producing the current HO design with HOn3 trucks, one of them being lack of perceived interest from the HOn3 community. He went on to say that he was thinking of putting an Expression of Interest (EOI) page on his website for an HOn3 version if there was enough interest expressed at the upcoming Amherst train show. So, if you want to help get the EOI page up so we can have a chance at a newly designed, metal geared, highly detailed HOn3 Shay, please shoot him an email or call (+1 780-863-2330 - FYI, international. to Canada).