Topics

What to do with brass driver tires?

Kenneth Rickman

The recent discussion about the Mantua 0-6-0 brought up an interesting question for me. What do you do to improve the brass tires found on so many old models? I've thought about coating them in solder, but that seems like a really bad idea for a variety of reasons. Nickel plating is ideal, but I don't know how hard it would be to do or have done. Are there any other options?

Ken Rickman

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

locoi1sa

Have you checked out Greenway Products? I replaced some drivers on a 2-10-0 recently. A wheel puller and NWSL quarter tool is needed for the geared axle but other than that they are great wheels.
https://www.greenwayproducts.com/storeroom/brass/drivers/index.html
Pete