What steam engines have you detailed/kitbashed/scratchbuilt?

Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@...>

Hi All,

I'm curious to hear what the folks on this list have created in the way of
super-detailing/kitbashing/scratchbuilding HO steam locos.

I'll start off with a few of the locos that I've detailed/kitbashed:
Northwestern Pacific #8 from Bachmann's 4-4-0
NWP #301 from Pemco's (now IHC) M-4 class 2-6-0
NWP #179 from MDC's 4-6-0 kit.

Most of these are just detailing jobs, or in the case of the 2-6-0, just a
paint job.

I'm currently working on an SP TW-8 using a Varney 4-6-0 boiler and a Mantua
4-8-0 mechanism.

In addition to what you've built, do you have any plans for the upcoming
locos from P2K or Bachmann?

Regards,
Thomas Beutel
San Francisco

Richard Parker <t3consult@...>

I am working on the following:

SP TW1 - #2908 using Mantua 4-8-0 frame & drivers (Within inches of proto
spacing for TW-1. Drivers are slightly undersize) MDC cylinders, X heads &
cab. and the balance is scratch built.

SP TW2 - #29?? using a MDC OT 2-8-0 frame (very close to proto driver size and
spacing), cylinders, & Xheads. The cab, boiler, and rest will be scratch.

SP T25 - #22?? using a MDC 4-6-0 kit with MDC slide valve cylinders and laird
crossheads.

SP AM2 - #3908 using 2 MDC 2-6-2 Prairie or Bowser 2-8-0 Old Lady frames with
the balance scratch built (This is a long-range project)

From: Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@efi.com>

Hi All,

I'm curious to hear what the folks on this list have created in the way of
super-detailing/kitbashing/scratchbuilding HO steam locos.

I'll start off with a few of the locos that I've detailed/kitbashed:
Northwestern Pacific #8 from Bachmann's 4-4-0
NWP #301 from Pemco's (now IHC) M-4 class 2-6-0
NWP #179 from MDC's 4-6-0 kit.

Most of these are just detailing jobs, or in the case of the 2-6-0, just a
paint job.

I'm currently working on an SP TW-8 using a Varney 4-6-0 boiler and a Mantua
4-8-0 mechanism.

In addition to what you've built, do you have any plans for the upcoming
locos from P2K or Bachmann?

Regards,
Thomas Beutel
San Francisco

Dick Parker
T3 Consulting
3122 S E 9th
Portland, OR 97202
Phone (503) 239-5094
FAX (503) 239-5094
Email t3consult@worldnet.att.net

Elden Baker <eldenbaker@...>

A MDC 4-6-0 was used as a starting point to make a
Espee T-28 Class Ten-Wheeler. I used a (Sigami?) can
motor and super-detailed it using a combination of
parts from Details West, Detail Associates, and
others. Then I used decals from Microscale and
Champion to get all the necessary data.

Its been more than 20 years since I built this engine
but, its one of the best detail jobs I've done.

Elden