unsubscribe

Nelson Kennedy <nelsonk@...

At 10:14 PM 7/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
From: Don <moltrain@netwalk.com>
Don, and for the information of other list members, you should click on
the unsubscribe URL in the message header to effect an automated
unsubscription.

But hey, guys, don't all leave. Post something instead!

Nelson Kennedy, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ferrymead Trams, 0 gauge NZR trains and a little Espee H0 are at:
http://DownUnder.Railfan.net

Elden Baker <eldenbaker@...>

Okay folks,

Let's see if I can get something started. Many years
ago, I had (key word "had") a model of Southern
Pacific 4-8-4. If I remember correctly, it was a
Westside brass and they listed it as a "GS-8." It was
unpainted and, at the time, I couldn't find an exact
match for it on the Espee. I sold it in 1979 and I
really wish I had kept it. Turns out the model was a
dead ringer for a Cotton Belt 817 (L-1 class) which
later became SP 4488.

So, I have three questions: First, can anybody confirm
this was a Westside model? Second Does anybody know
where I can find another model? (And, I'm sure it will
cost me A LOT MORE $$$ than I sold the last one for).
Three, is there another manufacture that has this
model available.

How's that, Nelson? I know of your fondness for both
steam and the Cotton Belt. Me Too :)

Talk to you later.
Elden

--- Nelson Kennedy <nelsonk@chch.planet.org.nz> wrote:

<snip> But hey, guys, don't all leave. Post
something instead!

f-v-h@...

Yes Eldon, it's Westside, listed as a GS7/8. They were former SSW
engines transferred to the SP as the Belt dieselised. The first came
about 1950.
There seem to be a lot of GS engines available right now,every
dealer has a few. Wade through dealer listings and you might get lucky.
Another choice would be to put your own ad in MR or the NMRA BULL. Those
are seen by a LOT of people!