Thomas Beutel wrote:

From: Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@efi.com>

Hi All,

I want to include those distinctive air pump sounds that a Cab Forward
produces into an HO Rivarossi Cab Forward, and I was thinking of using one
of those digital sound chips from Radio Shack.

Question: Were the air pumps on continuously, or did they cycle on and off?
What was the approximate cycle time? Were they more likely to be pumping
when a train started or stopped? (I guessing when they started).
Air pumps operated on a pressure demand system. When the main
reservoirs dropped below a level which could maintain trainline
pressure, the pumps would start. Therefore, your airpumps kick in
*after* an application, whether running or stopping. A standing train
may have trainline leaks, and there will be the occasional 3-4 strokes
from time to time as well . . .

Marshall

Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@...>

Jack, Marshall,

Thanks for the timing info. I don't have a sound source, other than what
I've heard on the Pentrex videos. I was thinking of synthesizing it on a
computer and then recording it. I also got a message on the Espee list that
Clover House has a cassette tape of Cab Forward sounds. I have to check that
out.

Regards,
Thomas

From: Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@efi.com>

Hi All,

I want to include those distinctive air pump sounds that a Cab Forward
produces into an HO Rivarossi Cab Forward, and I was thinking of using one
of those digital sound chips from Radio Shack.

Question: Were the air pumps on continuously, or did they cycle on and
off?
What was the approximate cycle time? Were they more likely to be pumping
when a train started or stopped? (I guessing when they started).

Thanks!
Thomas Beutel
San Francisco

ONElist: where real people with real interests get connected.
http://www.onelist.com
Join a new list today!