Topics

Testing new brass steam

Ken Clark

All,
  Today I composed a webpage listing the steps to take when testing that new locomotive you just got on eBay.
To make it simpler I did not include testing DCC or sound components.
As a result there are only 33 steps, or bullets, to consider.

Hopefully this will help you figure out why that new engine doesn't run as well as it looked.
Testing the model is recommended before starting a repowering or redetailing project or painting.
Eventually I will add photos, but I wanted to share the thoughts first.
Yes I could have created a shorter file name; when this file is linked to my homepage the name will be shorter8-)

http://www.shastasprings.com/repower/Testing%20that%20Brass%20Steam%20Engine%20You%20Bought%20on%20eBay.htm

Chula Vista, CA 91921