Topics

Sunset I1sa drivers.

locoi1sa

Hi group.
I have a Sunset Prestige I1sa 2-10-0 that I installed a sound decoder and added weight for better pulling power. It appears that the previous owner re-motored it with a Mashima can motor and NWSL gear box. The problem I am having is that the second and fourth un-flanged drivers are dropping between the rails even on the broadest curves. There seems to be enough lateral play in the flanged front and rear drivers to allow me to instal more flanged drivers. I don't see any other alternative to this problem other than flanged drivers or removing the driver springs and making the suspension stiff. What has been your experience in overcoming this situation?
Thank you.
Pete