Topics

Silvine 0-4-0t New One Japan locomotive

toptrain2100

 Silvine a supplier of HO scale track and other layout supplies also released one HO locomotive. A die cast white metal 0-4-0t side tanker they called the "Teakettle". The box it came in and the paperwork that came with it clearly was marked as a Silvine product. It is also marked as a product of the New One toy Company of Japan just like the previous Aristo_Craft line of diecast locomotives.

toptrain2100

   Over the years with this Silvine 0-4-0t showing up a lot at train shown I was able to get a few more at low prices. They are excellent running locs and being made of all metal they do pull well for a 0-4-0 type. I took two of the ones i have and repainted them for the C.R.R.of N.J. as their #14 Hornet and #15 Wasp. The real locos were also saddle tankers of a earlier style. Here are my Hornet and Wasp.
frank

toptrain2100

Another spare loco Silvine 0-4-0 saddle tanker I had was remade into a Reading locomotive