Topics

Richard 'Dick' Truesdale

Ken Clark

  Today I leaned that Dick Truesdale, owner of WestSide Model Company passed away last Wednesday in Arizona after a long illness.  Many of us remember WSM as the importer of many fine KTM models following in the footsteps of earlier importers Max Gray and Balboa.  Many early WSM models were improved versions of earlier KTM models.  Before selling his inventory to PSC and retiring,  Dick had been one of the first to use Korean builders for brass models.  My first quality brass locomotive was a WSM import in HOn3 of the West Side Lumber Co. Heisler #3; I still have that model.

ken clark