[repowerandregear] Re: Testing that New Locomotive PDF page
FYItoggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Kenneth R. Clark
Chula Vista, CA
From: kenrclark@... [repowerandregear]
To: repowerandregear Sent: Sun, Sep 7, 2014 1:35 pm
Subject: [repowerandregear] Re: Testing that New Locomotive PDF page
While I try and figure out another solution to the posting problem, including posting the 14MEG Powerpoint file in the files section. I figure I need to take the opportunity for enhancements. Any input would be appreciated.
From the PSR convention clinics feedback, some possible additions:
- Include sources for the polishing wheels and meters that I display in my photos.
- Include some wiring diagrams for the meter test setup
- New slide for testing trucks on geared engines
- New slide on testing PFM geared locomotive gearboxes
- New slide showing open frame motor evolution.
- New slide showi ng gearbox evolution
- New slide showing poor gear mesh, climax
- New slide showing motor bearings used for gear alignment, resulting in poor gear mesh.
- New slide showing potential problems with flexible tubing, poor universal drives, top mounted torque
- New slide showing missing screws, mis-matched screws, blackened steel metric replacements
- Metric screw sources
In some cases these might be a separate sources/reference handout file.
Would love it if you would consider making a video of the presentation and submitting it to Model Railroad Hobbyist's TrainMasters TV.
Would also love to see a similar video (or series thereof) showing the actual conversion of an old smaller brass model (say a PFM Shay?) to a can motor and, if you're really feeling gutsy, inclusion of a DCC sound decoder and some type of keep-alive device. I love the slides you post on your website but I'd like to see a video of the work as it progresses, not just a video showing the loco running before/after.