NYC 0-4-0

Victor Bitleris

Hi folks,I just saw this posting and am thinking this is actually a good
copy of the
prototype.http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HO-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-RR-OLD-TIME-0\;
-4-0-STEAM-LOCOMOTIVE-/370759902004?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item56530323\
34
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HO-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-RR-OLD-TIME-0-4-0-STEA\;
M-LOCOMOTIVE-/370759902004?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5653032334> The
model is an AHM 0-4-0 NYC switcher. I never thought much of these, but
then I recently saw the 1931 movie, Possessed with Clark Gable and Joan
Crawford. It was a really good movie, but that is not what I am writing
about. Take a look at the YouTube clip below and tell me if you think
that is the same exact engine.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfB822QBNzo
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfB822QBNzo> I could not believe an
0-4-0 pulling a passenger train, but then mentioned it to an old-timer
(even older then I) and he confirmed that on some short runs in
Pennsylvani and New York, the did indeed use these types of 0-4-0's for
passenger trains.In any case, I think you will find it a cool video, at
least the train part.Regards, Vic Bitleris

Victor Bitleris

Hi folks,I just saw this posting and am thinking this is actually a good
copy of the prototype.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HO-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-RR-OLD-TIME-0-4-0-STEA\;
M-LOCOMOTIVE-/370759902004?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5653032334>
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HO-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-RR-OLD-TIME-0-4-0-STEA\;
&#92; M-LOCOMOTIVE-/370759902004?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5653032334>
[...]

George William \(Bill\) Newport <gwnewport2@...>

your small local shortlines have an express baggage with passenger seats and it is usually only one car so we are not talking about a dinky pulling a cross country passenger train with baggage car, coaches, diner, head end power car, mail car and sleepers,
the South Carolina Railroad Action Museum has an 0-4-0T come in once a year,
with one of the die-sels they pull it to the top of the hill a couple of miles away,
with three passenger coaches,
they cut it loose and it steams into the station with its passenger train

Life consists of:
What you want.
What you need.
What you deserve.
[...]