From: Ashley Rachel Pollard [mailto:Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 1999 7:27 AM
To: HOsteam@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [HOsteam] Roundhouse MDC Models

From: "Ashley Rachel Pollard" <Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk>

Thank you to everyone who replied. I will now go away and find out more
about the 0-6-0 S-8, 4-6-0 T-28, 2-8-0 C-3 prototypes.

I'm trying to model Santa Rosa circa the 1940s and want to feature the P&SR
interurban line. So I'm looking for models of SP/NWP steam appropriate for
the time. However, I'm not sure my modelling skills are up to building the
MDC models, but I might buy one after checking stuff out, and see how it
goes.
--
Ashley Rachel Pollard
Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk

Join the Star Wars craze!
http://www.onelist.com
Set up your Star Wars list at ONElist.

Nelson Kennedy <nelsonk@...

From: Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@efi.com>

Don't forget the IHC 2-6-0... This is an SP M-4.

It is? I need to dig out some pictures. I have the Premier 2-6-0 but
always assumed it would require quite a bit of work to 'espee' it. Maybe not?

I'm also thinking about P87'ing a small steam loco. Maybe this would be
the one to try.

Nelson Kennedy, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ferrymead Trams, 0 gauge NZR trains and a little Espee H0 are at:
http://DownUnder.Railfan.net

Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@...>

Hi Nelson,

See the August 1994 issue of Model Railroader. It has a number of photos.
One modification you can make is to shorten the tender (it is too long) or
just replace it with an MDC vandy.

Thomas

From: "Ashley Rachel Pollard" <Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk>
I assume this is the Mantua #337008 in the Walthers 99 catalogue?
Do you also mean the Bachmann American type 4-4-0? A late 1800s design.