IHC Premier Series 2-8-0 Consolidation

DLewis0163@...

I am very please with the running of this, my new engine. I would like to
improve further its already remarkable good looks and fidelity to detail. I
have gone to the library and photocopied pictures of IC, C&NW, and UP 2-8-0
engines.
Has anyone tackled this engine from a superdetailing standpoint?
Thanks.
Don Lewis
Dixon, Ilinois

David Boyd <DRGWBoyd@...>

--- In HOsteam@egroups.com, DLewis0163@a... wrote:

Has anyone tackled this engine from a superdetailing standpoint?
Thanks.
While I have not done my Consolidation as of yet, I did superdetail
my Pacific. The first thing I did was remove the boiler and grind
away all the molded on piping details. Then I used 600 grit sandpaper
to get a smooth finish. You will also need to strip the finish off.
After I had a bare boiler, I started adding the details. Injectors,
check valves, generator, new bell and whistle, ect. I also made new
cooling coils out of brass wire and attached them with CA. Does it
match a specific prototype? No, but it sure looks good all painted
and weathered at the front of a period passenger consist and runs
super to boot. Would I do it again? In a heart beat!!!!
David