Topics

[HOsteam] What to do with brass driver tires?

Ken Martin

The "Shayfixer" does plating of wheels. See his page at:
http://www.shayfixer.com/TheNickelPlater.htm

Ken Martin
Sacramento

On Oct 17, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Kenneth Rickman wrote:

Nickel plating
is ideal, but I don't know how hard it would be to do or have done.

Ken Rickman

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

Kenneth Rickman

On 10/17/2011 7:30 PM, Kenneth Martin wrote:
The "Shayfixer" does plating of wheels. See his page at:
http://www.shayfixer.com/TheNickelPlater.htm
The results are beautiful, but the price is hard to justify.
"$40 labor minimum plus$12 per axle plus$10.00 USPS Priority Mail back
to you..."
Formy little MDC 2-8-0, that works out to $98, plus the cost of shipping
the drivers to him. That's a little hard to swallow for an engine that
only cost me $30 including shipping! I guess if I were doing a
restoration of a valuable model or something, it might be a better deal.

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

Victor Bitleris

Check this one out. His prices seem much more reasonable.
http://sierrascalemodels.com/plating.htm
Regards,
Vic Bitleris
Raleigh, NC

To: HOsteam@...
From: krickman1@...
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:38:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [HOsteam] What to do with brass driver tires?

On 10/17/2011 9:24 PM, Victor Bitleris wrote:
Check this one out. His prices seem much more reasonable.
http://sierrascalemodels.com/plating.htm
Thanks, Vic. That is MUCH more reasonable. $20 for a 2-8-0 I can stand. I wonder why there is such a variation?

Ken

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC