Topics

[HOsteam] traction wheels

mwbauers

Do you mean the 'rubber' tires that go on the wheels?

Those can be got from Lifelike. [Walthers]

I don't have the exact page nor numbers for you, but read these
quotes.......

Check with LHS or Walthers.
Hey G....
Check with your LHS or go on line to Walthers.com and they could
probably help. Walthers purchased Life/Like and they have EVERYTHING.
Traction tires aren't that hard to put on. You can use tweezers to put
them on or one of those goofy traction tire putter oners....whatever
they are called....tweezers work.Try putting the TT in hot water to
make them more pliable...just make sure you dry your drive wheels off
first....ouch!
----------

G....:
I found your traction bands in the Walthers 2010 HO Reference Book.
Page 245, made by Calumet Trains. They offer an assortment of diesel
and steam traction bands as well as a handy little tool that helps put
them on your locos. Cost: $6.95 for pkgs of 18-20.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Jul 2, 2011, at 8:21 AM, twojars@... wrote:

I'm looking to purchase
tracti on wheels for a Life Like 2-8-8-2. I know some people would
not have them on their pike, so those that have them laying in the
box I will pay $20 for them! Please contact me off list. Jim
Revenaugh ( twojars@... ) 810 338 0118

James Revenaugh

Mike, I'm looking for the wheels that use. to come with them. Walthers quit supplying them I have plenty of the traction tires!
There has to be hundreds of them unused in boxes because some don't like them. Jim Revenaugh