Topics

[HOsteam] Starting Over!

Ken Martin

Bob,

With your smaller area you miight want to look at Quallity over quantity. Look at some of the resin kits available

Westerfield

Amesville shops

Funaro and Camerlengo

plus laser kits or even older kits like Labelle.

Ken Martin

On Mar 26, 2015, at 11:21 PM, macklinbob@... [HOsteam] wrote:

When I moved to Seattle, 15 years ago I sold all my HO train stuff on eBay.

I am 80 now and have walking problems so I decided to try working on trains again.

What I did previouly was to build Roundhouse Old Timers in the image of Narrow Gauge. These are the 36ft trussrod cars and old time steam locomotives.

I wss surprised to find out that Roundhous was long gone but eBay has been my friend. There seems to be a good good supply ot Roundhouse items on eBay. But you need to be ready to repair some of them.

I grew up with the Southern Pacific in the San Francisco area. The Western Pacific was the other railroad. These were in the days of STEAM!

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa..

Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...>

Ken,

Thanks for your comments.

I favor Campbell's kits for structures. And I do plan on building some Labelle cars.

I had a good collection on Labelle cars in the stuff I sold 15 years ago. I did like them. I was surprised they are still in business. But I get the impression it is with a new owner.

I use the Roundhouse Old Time locomotives and the 36' trussrod cars to simulate narrow gauge type stuff but on normal HO track.

I did get the wood for the module today and will try and start on it this weekend.

But the local hobby shops don't stock much I am interested in. I'll have to buy most of my supplies on-line.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa