Topics

[HOsteam] Scratch building article in MRH

Robert Deffinger

Love the article, Ken! I'll be following it and already got new ideals from you.Thanks for sharing your modeling!Bob D.
To: HOsteam@...
From: krickman1@...
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 07:20:29 -0400
Subject: [HOsteam] Scratch building article in MRH

I don't know how many of you have seen this, or are interested, but this

month Model Railroad Hobbyist (a free online modeling magazine) has

started a four month series on scratch building a steam locomotive in

styrene in HO. And yes, that's me - I'm a little proud of this, as it's

both my first article and my first scratch built locomotive.

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/magazine/mrh-2012-06-jun

--

Kenneth Rickman

Salisbury, NC

Fundamentalism: from "Fund" : Give me money, and "Amentalism": No brain.

Roger T

Love the article, Ken! I'll be following it and already got new ideals from you.Thanks for sharing your modeling!Bob D.
Excellent article and while I may not scratch build a steam locomotive, there are lots of ideas for kitbashing.

Cheers.

Roger Traviss

Photos of the late HO scale GER: -

http://www.greateasternrailway.com

For more photos not in the above album and kitbashes etc..:-
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rogertra/Great_Eastern/

Kenneth Rickman

Thanks, guys! Interesting that you mention kitbashing. It was a kitbash that inspired me. After I stripped a Spectrum 2-8-0 boiler down to a bare cylinder and filled in the holes and grooves, I realized that I could have made my own boiler and gone from there.

Keep an eye on the web site for the next three months. I wrote about building a brass cab, as well as a styrene cab with rivet decals. I hope you can get something out of that as well.

Ken Rickman