To: HOsteam@yahoogroups.com
From: rrdeffinger@msn.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 20:26:07 +0000
Subject: [HOsteam] Re: NYC 0-4-0

Looks like a 0-6-0 to me.

--- In HOsteam@yahoogroups.com, "George William &#92;(Bill&#92;) Newport" <gwnewport2@...> wrote:

your small local shortlines have an express baggage with passenger seats and it is usually only one car so we are not talking about a dinky pulling a cross country passenger train with baggage car, coaches, diner, head end power car, mail car and sleepers,
the South Carolina Railroad Action Museum has an 0-4-0T come in once a year,
with one of the die-sels they pull it to the top of the hill a couple of miles away,
with three passenger coaches,
they cut it loose and it steams into the station with its passenger train
Life consists of:
What you want.
What you need.
What you deserve.
What you end up with.
What you do with what you get.
In Ghod We Trust.
From: "bitlerisvj@..." <bitlerisvj@...
Hi folks,I just saw this posting and am thinking this is actually a good copy of the prototype. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HO-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-RR-OLD-TIME-0/-4-0-STEAM-LOCOMOTIVE-/370759902004?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item56530323\;34
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HO-NEW-YORK-CENTRAL-RR-OLD-TIME-0-4-0-STEA/M-LOCOMOTIVE-/370759902004?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5653032334
The model is an AHM 0-4-0 NYC switcher. I never thought much of these, but then I recently saw the 1931 movie, Possessed with Clark Gable and Joan Crawford. It was a really good movie, but that is not what I am writing about. Take a look at the YouTube clip below and tell me if you think that is the same exact engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfB822QBNzo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfB822QBNzo
I could not believe an 0-4-0 pulling a passenger train, but then mentioned it to an old-timer (even older then I) and he confirmed that on some short runs in Pennsylvani and New York, the did indeed use these types of 0-4-0's for passenger trains. In any case, I think you will find it a cool video, at least the train part. Regards, Vic Bitleris