From: sp4149 <@SP4149>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 05:28:45 -0000
To: HOSteam <HOsteam@...>
Subject: [HOsteam] Re: malware and spyware

Bernie,

Two more spam messages were generated 5 hours after this message in this group
and one was generated in the repower and regear group. All have been deleted
before they were posted to the group. In the recent batch of spam it was the
owners e-mail password that had been compromised, not the Yahoo groups
password. Bernie check again your msn.com e-mail account for these sent
messages. You may need to change your msn.com password again. It may have to
be 'stronger'.

ken clark
moderator

--- In HOsteam@..., "Bernie Halloran" <bfhalloran@...> wrote:

Guys,

Yes, sorry, I was hacked and it looks like it was done from the Yahoo group
site; so I changed my Yahoo password, and changed my regular email pass word
because Windows Live Mail detected the incursion even before I did. A very
bright buddy who understands how this works, claims it’s easier for the bad
guys to hack you once your stuff is up in one of the many clouds; and mine
is. Not to mention Facebook; but the thieves got my Yahoo address too, and
its only on my Yahoo profile. I guess we just have to change passwords more
frequently. I hope to hell I’m still not generating garbage; I have McAfee
on all the time with automatic updates and no malware was detected.

Bernie

Roger T

In addition to all the other advice, people who read there email with a
browser seem to be more vulnerable. Use an email client instead.

I'm not a computer expert but it seems to me that what gets hacked is your Yahoo account so no security system on your home computer will pick it up. They hack your Yahoo account and just mail out to all the members of whatever Yahoo group(s) you belong to.

Cheers.

Roger Traviss

Photos of the late HO scale GER: -

http://www.greateasternrailway.com

For more photos not in the above album and kitbashes etc..:-
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rogertra/Great_Eastern/