Topics

[HOsteam] Re: [repowerandregear] Wet Rail controversy

Jon Miller

On 3/11/2016 6:33 AM, 'David J. Starr' dstarrboston@... [HOsteam] wrote:

I can remember an article on "wet rail" in Rail Model Craftsman from way back, 1960'
s I think.  It's not a new idea.  That article said that the kind of oil didn't matter, anything worked

    I use CRC 2-26 and while a cleaner it's not really a wet rail.  It's non-conductive and the carrier evaporates leaving the rail dry and clean with a protective coating.  I'm not sure if anyone has done an analyses of it but it's not to be considered wet rail.  The initial coating can leave the rail "damp" before the carrier dries and it can be a little slippery.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941