Topics

[HOsteam] New poll for HOsteam

HOsteam@...

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the HOsteam group:
I find that some models/gauges have features that I don't find or utilize in HO Steam. After 60 years I still enjoy the smoke and chuff of American Flyer Steam. What about HO Steam Smoke and Chuff?
Created by: sp4149
  1. I don't like Smoke and Chuff in models
  2. I've never tried owning/operating an HO Steamer with smoke and/or chuff
  3. I like Smoke, but the options in HO are too limited
  4. My Favorite HO Smoke system is (Add Option for that brand)

Thanks!

Jon Miller

On 7/6/2015 10:53 AM, HOsteam@... wrote:

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the HOsteam group:

    Smoke and sound are very different things, like apples and oranges.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Roger T

Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the HOsteam group:
I find that some models/gauges have features that I don't find or utilize in HO Steam. After 60 years I still enjoy the smoke and chuff of American Flyer Steam. What about HO Steam Smoke and Chuff?
Created by: sp4149

I don't like Smoke and Chuff in models
I've never tried owning/operating an HO Steamer with smoke and/or chuff
I like Smoke, but the options in HO are too limited
My Favorite HO Smoke system is (Add Option for that brand)

+ Add Options

==================================

Question '1' and '2' are ambiguous.

What is meant by "smoke and chuff"?

To me, "Smoke" means a smoke unit.

To me, "chuff" means a sound decoder.

No, I think "smoke" looks stupid.

Yes, I like sound decoders.

Please make the questions less ambiguous.

Cheers

Roger T.

Victor Bitleris

I voted number 2, because I don't have any smoking models.  If they smoke, that usually means the motor or DCC Decoder is no more.  I do have a couple with sound, ie. chuff, bell, whistle, coupler clink, brake squeal, water injection, etc.  I do like those.  My favorite sound decoder is a TCS WOW, KA (KeepAlive).
Regards, Vic Bitleris Raleigh, NC

To: HOsteam@...