From: "David Soderblom" <drs@stsci.edu>
To: <HOsteam@egroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2000 10:24 AM
Subject: [HOsteam] LL 0-8-0 as a 2-8-0?

I have a question that came to mind the other day in seeing the
Life-Like 0-8-0 in MR. Are there valid prototypes that used the same
boiler size and drivers, but as a 2-8-0? In other words, can the LL
0-8-0 be adapted as a 2-8-0?

David Soderblom
Baltimore MD
soderblom@stsci.edu

Thomas Beutel <fan2472@...>

Anything is possible. The Southern Pacific MK-10 and MK-11 class 2-8-2's
used 51 inch drivers, which would be considered small for a Mikado. I
believe the boilers were larger than those on the USRA 0-8-0. These Mikes
came from shortlines.

Thomas

marshall <zephyr03@...>

Thomas Beutel wrote:

Anything is possible. The Southern Pacific MK-10 and MK-11 class 2-8-2's
used 51 inch drivers, which would be considered small for a Mikado. I
believe the boilers were larger than those on the USRA 0-8-0. These Mikes
came from shortlines.
What was the driver diameter on N&W's 4-8-0s?

To me, they looked like weightlifters in babybooties . . . . <g>

Marshall