From: Ken martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
To: <HOsteam@egroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 10:56 PM
Subject: [HOsteam] Intro and question

To the group

My name is Ken Martin I recently found and joined this group. ...etc.....

Ken martin <kmartin@...>

Tom Knowles wrote:

Very nice work and welcome to the egroup, Ken. Is the background your home
layout, or a club? Either way, that's good work, too. Tell us more about
yourself and the shot, as well.
The picture was taken on the Sacramento Model RR Club as I don't have a home
layout. I used my brothers Sony digital camera and I am not very experianced
with it and that was the best shot I got. 8^)

As I said I model CB&Q and at the moment I am concentrating on the "K-Line"
between Burlington, Ia. and Hannibal, Mo. with a time frame of 1941. At that
time Burlington had bought it's last steam and also had "modern" shovel nose
diesels (is that d-word allowed on this list?)

BIll Brown asked:

Very nice work, Ken. Where did you find the spoked pilot truck wheels?
They are PSC pilot wheels I found at Caboose in Denver last year.

Ken Martin

DLewis0163@...

Just to let you know that I model CB&Q in the Dixon area, 1930s-40s. I live
in rural Dixon, Land of Dutch (Ronald) reagan.
Don Lewis