[HOsteam] How black is black?

George Gilbert <grgilbert@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Starr, David" <david.starr@analog.com>
To: <hosteam@egroups.com>; <BM_RR@egroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 1:15 PM
Subject: [HOsteam] How black is black?

....I'm beginning to think of sealing the decals on with a clear glossy
topcoat
to get a little bit of shine into the paint. Has anyone tried this? Any
other finishing hints and kinks for steam loco paint that anyone cares to
share?

Keeping the memory of steam alive!

Yes I have used that very technique of overspraying the decals with gloss. I
first paint the entire model with a gloss finish, apply decals, then over
spray again with gloss. Then if a dull finish is needed overspray all with
clear flat.

Read my article in this and the next issue of Light Iron Digest for more on
my painting techniques. Definitely not the last word on painting but one
modeler's approach.

George Gilbert