[HOsteam] Digest Number 114

Ashley Rachel Pollard <ashley@...>

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:22:05 -0700
From: "Leonello Pesce" <pesce@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Rivarossi 4-4-2

No, in the 50's Rivarossi made most if not all equipment to OO scale,
which is not 1/87. I am not sure if OO is 1/72, but Rivarossi made most
of their stuff at 1/80 (roughly).
OO is 1/76 scale or 4mm to the foot. I've rounded off the fraction to a
whole number, okay 1/76.2 for you pedants.

--
Ashley Rachel Pollard
Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk

Leonello Pesce <pesce@...>

Ashley, you are right, how could I forget. When I was a kid, I did the
Airfix trains, that came in plastic bags. That was a lot of fun, but never
painted them, so they were all black plastic. And they were 1/76.

Cheers
Leo

From: "Ashley Rachel Pollard" <ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk>