For Sale - Hotip 200 and 300 watt Resistance Soldering units, American Beauty 250 Watt unit

SP4149

All,

Today on eBay a used American Beauty 250 watt Resistance soldering unit with tweezers sold for over $500.  PBL/Hotip 200 watt resistance soldering units sell for around $700 new.

PBL has the exclusive rights to market new Contact Inc. Hotip resistance soldering units to model railroaders.  They put their own Decal on top of the Hotip nameplate.

Both Hotip and American Beauty  have redesigned the cases for these units, but the functionality is unchanged.

Once again I have the previous versions available in excellent used condition for substantial savings.

The Hotip H-101A is a 200 watt, old style has a brown nameplate - PBL sold these for mostly HO modelers

The Hotip H-202 is a 300 watt, old style has a green nameplate - PBL sold these for mostly S & O modelers

Contact has four resistance soldering tweezers for these units

HOTIP TLD-TT2: Light Duty Tweezers               List Price $155

HOTIP TMD-TT2: Medium Duty Tweezers         List Price $155

HOTIP TMD-TT4-H4: Medium Duty Tweezers    List Price $180

HOTIP THD-TT4-H4: Heavy Duty Tweezers        List Price $180 

A basic 200 watt Hotip unit with tweezers would be over $500, if they sold it that way without the probe.  I have used Hotip RS units for over 40 years and have used the probe 3 times.

They do not use the Contact Inc product descriptions to specify the accessories

I have for sale the following used, working Hotip resistance soldering equipment current models:

Hotip/Contact Inc. Resistance Soldering Equipment

Hotip H-101A 200 watt unit (older brown lable) with Medium duty tweezers (tungsten tips)   $ 260

Hotip H-101A 200 watt unit (older brown lable) with Pace Flat Tip  tweezers                         $ 270

Hotip H-202   300 watt unit (older green label) with Heavy Duty tweezers   (tungsten tips)    $280

Hotip Light Duty tweezers (choice of tips)                                                                                $90

Hotip Medium Duty tweezers (choice of tips)                                                                           $90

Hotip H-101A 200 watt unit (older Brown label) transformer only for                                      $180

TRITON HOTLIPS TWEEZERS

These are the handpieces originally designed for the Triton transformers.  They will work with other RS units of 300 watts or greater, work best with 4 volts AC output or greater.

Very lightly used Triton Hotlips tweezers (with internal On/Off switch) with carbon electrodes in excellent condition for $70 plus shipping.  

Recently I acquired some used AB 250 watt transformers, models 105C12 and 105A12 

For the Big Boys Models (1/4", 1/2", 3/8" scales)  needing extra power I have the following more powerful American Beauty RS transformers:

Used AB 105C12 250 watt transformers ($200) These units do not have  a built-in footswitch but can use a plugin footswitch, accepts the electrical plug
from the transformer, to provide hands-free on/off function.   
I have a used footswitch for $20.

Used AB 105A12 250 watt transformers ($180) These units do not have  a built-in footswitch but can use a plugin footswitch, accepts the electrical plug
from the transformer, to provide hands-free on/off function.   
I have a used footswitch for $20.

Used  medium duty (105127, $125)) RS tweezers available for use with the AB 250 and 500 watt units.. 

For the Big Boys Models (1/4", 1/2", 3/8" scales)  needing extra power I have the following more powerful American Beauty RS transformers:

Used American Beauty  500 watt transformer for $225

Used American Beauty 1000 watt unit with carbon electrode tweezers for $300.

Paypal accepted with 3% fee.  Shipping USPS Priority Mail at cost.

ken clark

www.shastasprings.com

--
ken clark
HO and Sn42

SP4149

All,

Last week I advertised a Hotip Resistance Soldering unit with PACE tweezers.  Seems most of us have no idea of what PACE tweezers are:

These are lightweight tweezers with bendable flat tip  electrodes for holding wires, etc... in tight places.  They heat fine with a Hotip 200 watt unit but are

lighter weight and have a more flexible cord than the Hotip light weight tweezers.  The PACE Inc. Flat Tip electrodes part # 1121-0301 should be adaptable for use in other RS tweezers.

The ones I have come with an adapter cord for use with Hotip RS units.  I have two Hotip 200 watt units available with the PACE tweezers.

I have for sale the following used, working Hotip resistance soldering equipment current models:

Hotip/Contact Inc. Resistance Soldering Equipment

Hotip H-101A 200 watt unit (older brown lable) with Pace Flat Tip  tweezers                      $ 270

Hotip H-101A 200 watt unit (current version) with Pace Flat Tip  tweezers                         $ 300

Paypal accepted with 3% fee.  Shipping USPS Priority Mail at cost.

ken clark

www.shastasprings.com

--
ken clark
HO and Sn42