Topics

Flat can with a long shaft.

locoi1sa

Ken.
I like the way you think. Outside the box would work. If the new magnets do not work then a gearbox and can motor is going in this even if I have to make a new frame. I have been told that the new magnets should make the motor a lot more powerful and slow it down too. The old magnet is 5/8 inch square with a slot for the screw. It is so weak that it will not attract to a screw driver. Once it gets touched it will pick it up but easily removed. The brushes and commutator are clean and dry. This thing has been sitting for over 53 years. I will keep you posted on what happens with the motor after I get the new magnets.
Pete