Topics

Change in E-mail delivery for lists on groups.io

SP4149

All,

   Recently I have been transferring four old YG lists to new lists on groups.io

There is one recurring problem, a few members immediately quit the new group when they are welcomed as new members.

Prior to the group transfers, Special notices/messages have informed YG list members of the impending transfer.

However if the member has set YG subscription to No E-mails, they will not receive the Special Notice transfer message and may reject the Welcome letter and unsubscribe from the new list on groups.io

In retrospect this was a major deficiency in the YG lists, and when these lists transferred to groups.io the problem transferred.

Groups.io has another delivery option, Special Notices Only  This is also a no e-mail option, however the member will receive Special Notices from the Moderators when they are issued.

Starting today No E-Mail will no longer be a delivery option, instead select Special Notices Only as the no e-mail option.

FWIW I do not issue Special Notices very often, maybe six times in 16 years on YG lists;

As a result I lost 30-40 members who did not receive notice of the move to groups.io

ken clark

"It has always seemed strange to me," said Doc. "The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest are the traits of success."  Steinbeck - Cannery Row

Larry Blanchard

On 02/26/2018 08:48 AM, SP4149 wrote:
"It has always seemed strange to me," said Doc. "The things we admire in
men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and
feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits
we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and
self-interest are the traits of success." *Steinbeck - Cannery Row*
Love the quote!

SP4149

Larry,
Getting the quote a second time, thanks.
Interesting that a quote from a comedic novel would have such serious connotations.

KEN