Bachman 3 Truck Climax

Ken Clark

I noticed a couple of Inrternet Shops selling this model for $249 plus shipping. I haven't heard much about it but it looks like the previous two truck Climax with a third truck tender, sort of like what PFM did. The previous Bachman two truck Climax suffered IMHO from a poor drive train design, particularly the truck gears. Does this model have an improved drive train? Bachman stopped repairing the two truck Climax, If this model has the same drive train, does that mean repair parts are again available for the older two truck models? The Bachman Web page does not describe any features that indicate an upgrade in the mechanism reliability. It appears only to be available with DCC sound which for me is an unnecessary and expensive option.

Is this a better Bachman Climax?