Topics

A question about Beebe's "Mixed Train Daily"

Kenneth Rickman

Please forgive the cross-posting, but I'm trying to reach as many folks as possible.

I think that Lucius Beebe's book "Mixed Train Daily" has some photos and maybe extra info about the Danville & Western. I think that because I have seen a handful of photos which say they're part of a collection to be published in that book soon (the reference was printed ca. 1947). Before I buy the book, can somebody who has their own copy at least confirm that it contains some useful data for me? Ideally, I'd like to be able to see the photos and compare them to those which I already have. Most of what I have is on my web site at http://southern-railway.railfan.net/dw/ so you're welcome to compare for yourself and avoid any copyright violation if you prefer.

So, how about it? Can anybody help? Please?

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

Charles Etheredge

--- In HOsteam@..., Kenneth Rickman <krickman1@...> wrote:

[...]

Kenneth, as has been stated, there is not much in Beebe's book about the D&W. However, on pg. 65, there is a picture of #548 on the line. In reviewing your list of steam locos, you have listed two Southern locos that ran on the D&W. Perhaps the #548 is a third one.

Charles Etheredge
Austin, Texas