Topics

3D printed steam locomotive drivers

Kenneth Rickman

I thought this might be of interest to some of you. I've been experimenting with HO scale 57" locomotive drivers, having them 3D printed in steel at Shapeways. Here's a link to the MRH forum thread where I discuss the results:
http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/18986#comment-162579
That link will take you to the post where I posted photos of the actual parts. Of course, feel free to scroll up and read the whole thread if you like.

The short version - it's possible, but it's not as easy as ordering a finished wheel from a commercial supplier. It's definitely something I will be pursuing in the future, though.

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

Conquer the world by intelligence - Bertrand Russell

---