Topics

Drivers - BLI ATSF 2-10-2 #3686, Modernized

SP4149

I have this model also.  Only the fifth driver has traction tires; Otherwise it is the same as the first driver
which does not have  traction tires.   Since he has six of these models, he could swap the first driver from
three locos for the rear driver of the other three.

That would give him three locos with no traction tires and three locos with traction tires on the first and fifth drivers.
He might find another modeler who likes traction tires who might desire the three locos with two drivers with traction tires.
A swap might be in the future.

At the very least  he could do the swap with just two engines and compare three variations; As built with one driver with
traction tires, traction tires on the first and last driver, and his intended version, no traction tires.
HO and Sn42

Jon Miller

On 10/17/2018 12:39 PM, SP4149 wrote:
I have this model also.  Only the fifth driver has traction tires; Otherwise it is the same as the first driver
which does not have  traction tires.

    When I bought mine BLI would sell a replacement driver for the engine.  Earlier they included the (non tired) driver with the engine.  I do know the the bearings designed between early 2-10-2s and later 2-10-2s has changed.  Is he sure that BLI does not have the additional driver?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941