From: SP4149
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2018 11:36 AM
Subject: [HO-Steam] Varney Dockside

At one time these locos were everywhere, Now I don't seem them discussed.

Anyone still running on of these oldies but goodies?

Have you upgraded the motor/drivetrain?

Roger Aultman

I bought one on eBay because it has the valve gear, much to my surprise it had a gearbox, can motor and DCC decoder. It runs OK but tends to stall easily. Roger Aultman

Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...>

The Dockside stalling is a normal problem. Just give the layout a good kick.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

I bought one on eBay because it has the valve gear, much to my surprise it
had a gearbox, can motor and DCC decoder. It runs OK but tends to stall
easily. Roger Aultman

Jon Miller

On 3/2/2018 9:15 PM, Bob Macklin wrote:
The Dockside stalling is a normal problem

Try and find a place to put a keep-alive!

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Bob Macklin <macklinbob@...>

The Dockside is particularly prone to stalling on turnouts

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.