Water feature input requested

Larry

Hi, everyone!

I’m hoping you can provide some guidance as to the best way to create water features on layouts.

I’ve tried Envirotex Lite which some modelers are enthusiastic about, but have found it to be an expensive disaster. Despite extremely careful measuring and mixing, including consulting the manufacturer, I still have small quantity batches that haven’t hardened and result in a stick dust and flying insect magnet. They were poured more than a year ago and nothing seems to work in curing them, including heating the sections with a hair dryer set on high. The layout is in a dehumidified basement.

Thus, I’m considering ripping out the four foot by one foot water feature and replacing it even though I’ll lose some boats I built in to the harbor.

I need something that will be easy to retrofit, look good and be inexpensive. Based on experience, have any of you some suggestions?

Many thanks,

Larry Moniz
Owner and Moderator
The Yahoo Busted and Still Running Group

nandwcoal

In the 60's we used good cheap stuff called Knox Gelatin. It's easy to work with, stays flexible and is easy to remove. You may find a few articles in old model railroad magazines.

Good luck

Ray
Troy, Mi