Welcome to new list members

Nelson Kennedy <nelsonk@...>

As a result of a mention of the existence of this list on rmr about a week
ago there has been a flurry of activity of new subscription. That's great
to see, guys. Welcome aboard to our new members.

I get advised when a member joins - and when one leaves. We have more in
traffic than out so we are slowly growing. I'm aware that some have left
because of inactivity of the list. I'm not sure why that was a problem. If
people have nothing to say for a while then so be it. OTOH, if someone has
an idea to share or a question to ask we have a place for doing it. I'd
rather justify the existence of the list on the basis of some good advice
posted now and then rather than on any basis of volume of posts. And that's
why I keep the list going even when members have nothing to say!

This would be a good place to post your views on the new offerings in the
market with several new ones due soon. Those comments are especially useful
to those who can't hop down to a local hobby shop to see and feel the latest
locos!

Cheers,

Nelson Kennedy, (list 'owner')
Christchurch, New Zealand.